Monday, April 10, 2006

Paints and poppies

A week or so ago I had a 50% off coupon at A. C. Moore, and decided to use it to buy the Windsor & Newton sketching set I'd been drooling over. I have watercolor paints already, and couldn't quite justify spending the money earlier but the coupon tipped the balance.

I also bought some artificial poppies while I was at the store. I have mixed feelings about painting from fake flowers (I think that if you're painting from fakes, the painting will look fake too, I guess), but these didn't look too bad, so... Anyway. I'm a bit out of practice with watercolors, obviously (see first pic), and tend to overwork the painting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

I love this little paint set, I bought one just like it a few weeks ago with a coupon also. I love it!

You gave much more life to the flowers than the had, I like both the sketch and the painting.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Corbie said...

Thanks! I wish the flowers were a bit better, but maybe I'm being too critical of myself.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home