Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Class study #2 - apples and peaches

Here's the second class study from the painting class Sarah and I are taking. Much better than the sunflowers, IMO. I think the teacher was a lot more engaged with the class. We asked more questions -- and also, it was a smaller class, with four of the nine students AWOL. Not sure why they didn't show up; could have been the good weather, frustration with their efforts, who knows. But I think those of us who were there had a good time and felt we were making progress. I feel slightly guilty -- the apples were very hard to paint, and if they were feeling intimidated or frustrated by that, it's partly my fault, since I'm the one who brought them in. But I had my own problems painting them, and didn't expect them to be as difficult as they were (Gala apples, mottled yellow and red). Maybe I should've picked a more solid-color apple. And they could have brought in their own objects to paint, as per the teacher's request, so it's not entirely on my shoulders; I'm the only one who did bring in stuff to paint.

The next class we'll be doing abstract art, which should be interesting since that's the teacher's forte.

2 Comments:

Blogger seesue said...

With the teacher right there I'm sure a challanging subject wAs the better choice. Love your oil.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Corbie said...

Thanks for the tip on color, Robin! I'll try that.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home