Friday, June 30, 2006

I don't know why I bother.

I called a coworker to tell her some news about an upcoming departmental restructuring, and she immediately imputed the worst possible motives (power grab) to the parties in question. I disagree; the restructuring makes sense, and I've been wondering for a while why they hadn't moved in that direction before.

This coworker has a poison tongue, and always comes up with the worst motives possible for any action. Granted, she has good reason to be paranoid -- she's obnoxious, and has pretty much worked her way down the corporate ladder. "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you" definitely applies to her. But it's her own fault -- she's made her own bad luck.

Oh, well. 'Nuff venting. I told her I refuse to speculate about matters that I can't change and which probably won't directly affect my workload.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home