Tuesday, April 18, 2006

S.'s dress

So my sis and I have been working on her wedding dress for the past few months (on available weekends), and it's almost done -- which is good, because the wedding's right around the corner. She put the zipper in earlier this month (did a wonderful job), and this past weekend we hemmed the bottom two layers of the skirt, which is made up of two layers of silk satin and one layer of silk gauze.

What still needs to be done:
- sash added to waist
- shoulders sewn on overlayer
- top (silk gauze) layer of skirt hemmed

It's going to look smashing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

You guys are doing a beautiful job! Congratulations to your sister. The dress in gorgeous!

4:06 PM  
Blogger seesue said...

She is going to be a vision in your lovely creation! I'm in the midst of sewing for my dd's wedding. Alright not the midst, the beginning more. Can't wait 'til I'm where you are now. Luck to you both.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Corbie said...

Thanks much! It went very well -- the dress got tons of compliments, and really suited her. She deserves the kudos for the design; I mostly helped in the execution.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home